Today’s post is part of the monthly Recipe Redux challenge! This month’s theme was to ‘get your fruits and veggies in shape’. With so much produce in season right now, the challenge was to create a recipe using fruits and vegetables in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs or other creative cuts.
As soon as I saw this month’s theme, I immediately knew what I was going to make. Before I started this blog in February, I have been storing away recipes for when the time came for bloggin’. I have SO many recipes written already and keep coming up with new ideas constantly. I guess this is the life of a food blogger, you are constantly thinking of creative ways to eat your favorite foods!
This recipe is no exception, I love zoodles! Have you tried them yet? Zoodles is zucchini that has been spiralized into the shape of noodles. While you can purchase a fancy spiralizer, I bought mine from Walmart for about 10 bucks.
I love good ol’ pasta and enjoy it all the time, but I also enjoy meals like today’s recipe as a way to increase my vegetable intake and enjoy them in a creative way. Zoodles with blackened shrimp and avocado yogurt sauce is a great example of how eating healthy can be delicious. I don’t want you to eat boring, bland zucchini. I want to show you that it can be fun and delicious to eat!
- 6-8 oz of raw, deveined and peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon fiesta lime Mrs. Dash (or use spices chili, cumin and paprika)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ½ T coconut oil
- 2 medium zuchinni, spiralized
- ½ medium bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ large avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 seeded jalapeno, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together spiralized zucchini through red onion until thoroughly mixed, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mashed avocado through salt until thoroughly combined. Add sauce to the zucchini and vegetable mixture until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat. Add coconut oil until melted, and then add shrimp,
- spices and salt and cook until the shrimp are opaque, taking approximately 2 minutes.
- Divide the zoodle + sauce mixture into two bowls, and top with cooked shrimp and enjoy!
Your turn: Tell me your favorite way to enjoy zucchini! This recipe is one of my favorites, but I also love to add zucchini to my overnight oatmeal and in my smoothies too!
Ditch the Diets E-Book
Receive my free e-book on how to ditch the diets and find food freedom!