I received free samples of Sabra Spreads mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Y’ALL. I was so excited when I go these Sabra spreads in the mail last week. Sabra spreads taste like a mayonnaise spread, yet are made from wholesome ingredients like chickpeas and contain 75% less fat than mayonnaise. Since I am ALL about smothering my foods in as many sauces as possible, I love the idea of my sauce needs being met with lots of fiber AND lots of flavor. Plus, they come in cute squeezable containers. In. Love.
The flavors I received from Sabra were garlic herb, honey mustard and sea salt and cracked pepper. I immediately ripped open the package and tried each flavor with roasted sweet potato wedges. And you know what? They were all AMAZING. I have since been adding them to everything, including tuna salad and on top of scrambled eggs. I am not kidding when I say these will 100% become a staple in the Myers household.
This recipe challenge was to come up with a wrap or sandwich using the Sabra spreads. Since the honey mustard flavor was my favorite (obsessed with anything mustard), I started thinking about what to make for this challenge. It was actually Nick who came up with the idea for this recipe! I asked Nick what his favorite thing to eat with honey mustard was and he immediately replied “chicken tenders”. So this recipe for turmeric coconut chicken tender wrap with honey mustard spread was born!
As with all my recipes, I wanted this to be a unique spin on the classic chicken tender wrap recipe, using quality ingredients that still had a ton of flavor. I knew I wanted to work off this recipe from Immaeatthat for the chicken tenders. It’s one of my favorite ways to eat chicken tenders, plus I love anything that includes turmeric. I omitted the panko and just used turmeric, black pepper (to activate the anti-inflammatory compound in the turmeric), salt and shredded coconut flakes to make the coating for the chicken tenders. Even though the chicken tenders are baked instead of fried, they are still very crunchy because the coconut flakes become golden brown in the oven. Add to a wrap of your choice, vegetables of choice and LOTS of Sabra spread honey mustard spread and DEVOUR.
- 1½ lb. chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 8-10" tortilla wraps (whole wheat or gluten free if needed)
- Sabra honey mustard spread (amount depending on preference)
- Optional- add vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, onions to the wrap
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, add the 3 eggs and whisk to combine.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the coconut flakes, turmeric, sea salt and pepper. Stir together to combine.
- Take each chicken tender and submerge in the egg mixture, followed by the coconut flake mixture and ensure even coating on each side. Place on a cookie or baking sheet. Continue to do this for each chicken tender.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then take out of the oven, flip each chicken tender over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes (or when chicken tenders reach 165 degrees F) they should be completely cooked. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place 2-3 chicken tenders inside the wrap with vegetables of choice and as much Sabra honey mustard spread as desired. Enjoy!
Ditch the Diets E-Book
Receive my free e-book on how to ditch the diets and find food freedom!