Paleo gingerbread no bake brownies are the perfect festive holiday treat. Gooey no bake brownies flavored with gingerbread spices. Paleo, gluten free, dairy free.
I am obsessed.
And really don’t have much else to say! Because you should, most definitely, make these paleo gingerbread no bake brownies.
While I am not paleo, I do like a lot of paleo foods and ingredients. ‘Specially when you make delicious sweets like these brownies.
Made with dates, almond butter, almond meal, cacao (or cocoa powder) and a handful of spices for that gingerbread flavor. Topped with a chocolate crust made with dark chocolate and coconut oil.
Honestly though, it doesn’t even matter what these are made with (but I do love that part, too!) These are truly divine. The perfect end to a meal or pack a couple for a snack. Typing this makes me so mad I didn’t make these as part of my weekly food prep this week!
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 T cacao (or cocoa) powder*
- 2 T water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Dark chocolate crust:
- 1 oz 85% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place dates and almond butter in a large food processor and blend to combine.
- Next add the almond meal, cacao powder, water and spices. Blend until the mixture becomes thick and combined.
- Pour mixture into a 8*8 pan covered with parchment paper (or just make sure the pan is well coated). Use your hands (you may need to oil them too) to form an even layer for the brownies. Place the brownies in the freezer for thirty minutes.
- Now, make the dark chocolate crust. Simply place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat. Once heated and combined, pour over brownie mixture and use spatula to spread evenly over brownies. Place back in freezer for thirty minutes. Brownies can be kept in the freezer or refrigerator.
See you back on Friday for a post all about (my) digestion!