A creative recipe for a new way to enjoy your vegetables and probiotics. Paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Good morning and happy Friday! Any fun plans for this weekend? I sure hope so!
We are having a dinner night tonight (Also known to our group of friends as “lasagna night”) with our close friends here in St Pete. Lots of delicious wine will be drank and good food to eat 🙂 Cannot wait! And no, I am not the lasagna maker. My friends are amazing cooks and Nick #3 (lovingly referred to as Nick #3 since my husband is Nick #1 and my brother in law is Nick #2) makes an AMAZING lasagna from a family recipe. I literally would never even try to compete with it. Its perfection.
Alright let’s talk about one of my favorite creative vegetable recipes. Fried cauliflower rice with kimchi.
Have you ever tried or heard of kimchi? To be honest with you, a year ago was probably the first time I had learned of kimchi! In a very simple explanation, kimchi is basically the Korean version of sauerkraut.
You guys know I’m all about eating in a way that promotes a healthy digestive system. One of the most important and easy ways you can improve the way your gut functions is by including more probiotics in your diet.
Probiotics (i.e. the good bacteria) can be found in a variety of fermented foods. I personally make many of my own fermented foods like kombucha (fermented tea) as well as kefir and yogurt (made using raw cow or goat’s milk). I plan to make my own kimchi and sauerkraut one day, too! Feel free to read up on my What I Ate Wednesday posts to get an idea of how I include these foods in my diet on a daily basis.
If you haven’t tried kimchi yet…get on it, girl. It SO flavorful and I personally love it with any Mexican or Asian dish, it adds a spicy zing that cannot be beat!
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- ½ cup green beans, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos*
- 2 Tablespoons kimchi juice
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger or 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup kimchi
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions, sriracha, toasted sesame oil
- Heat a wok or large saute pan on medium heat. While the pan is heating, create your cauliflower 'rice'. Place roughly chopped cauliflower in a large processor or blender and pulse until the cauliflower becomes a rice-like consistency.
- Once the wok is heated, add the coconut oil and then cauliflower 'rice'. Add the carrot, green beans and bell peppers. Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally until slightly tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, kimchi juice and ginger to wok and continue cooking vegetables for another 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add the kimchi and salt to taste, stirring to incorporate. Pour rice into bowls and add toppings of choice.
Pro tip: Slowly increase the amount of probiotics in your diet. There are a few conditions with digestion that probiotics may not help, but for the large majority of people, they are a great to include daily in the diet. Getting probiotics from foods versus supplement ensures a variety of different strains and types of bacteria. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend loves!
Ditch the Diets E-Book
Receive my free e-book on how to ditch the diets and find food freedom!