Delicious chicken and pineapple kebabs are covered in unique spices, grilled to perfection and served with a slightly sweet, yet spicy peanut sauce. Gluten free, Paleo Option
Happy Friday! I am so pumped because today is my last work day (at my job) for the next 11 days. Vacation time is soooo close!
What did you guys think of yesterday’s post? As always, Kat inspires me so much! While I do many of the things on her list, I am dying to start tongue scraping and I would like to me more consistent with my rebounding. I tried oil pulling once, and thought it was such a weird feeling…I’ve got to try again though! I love that many of these items are Eastern practices that have been done for thousands of years but we have so little knowledge of here in the States and are not typically recommended in traditional medicine and dietetic recommendations. When I start my own practice, I absolutely plan on incorporating these type of recommendations into my client’s plan!
But let’s get to why you are reading this post…shall we?
So. These kebabs. I have been making them for ages! I love how juicy the chicken is when cooked in skewers. Plus, grilled pineapple is so amazing! As a foodie, I like to have different flavors going on, so I added a variety of spices to upgrade the complexity of the dish and appeal to my need for sweet, spicy and savory in one bite. The spices used are ones that I always have on hand, and recommend you to have, too! I love the flavor spices add to foods and the nutrition they add as well!
This dish is delicious even without the spices, so feel free to just flavor with salt and pepper and keep it simple! I also think these chicken and pineapple kebabs would be amazing with onion and red bell pepper added. I usually grill another vegetable on the side, like asparagus or zucchini, and often add sweet potato wedges as a side dish, too! And then put the spicy peanut sauce on everything…just saying, you should definitely
drizzle pour it on everything!
These are the perfect dish for Memorial day weekend to impress your guests (or yourself!)
- For Kebabs:
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 16 oz cubed chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- Sea salt
- 2 T peanut butter (if paleo, use almond butter instead)
- 2 T rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 t hot sauce or Sriracha (or just a few dashes if don’t like it spicy)
- Pinch of ginger and cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Preheat grill to medium to high heat.
- In a small bowl, add the spices together to create a dry rub. Place the cubed chicken in the dry rub, ensuring even coating.
- Skewer the kebabs, layering the pineapple and chicken, with 3-5 pieces on each.
- Grill the kebabs for 4-5 minutes on one side, and then flip onto other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- While the kebabs are cooking, make the spicy peanut sauce! Add all the ingredients together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. If not combining well, heat for 15-20 seconds to help combine.
- Take kebabs off grill once cooked and serve with the peanut sauce!
I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend! Even though I will be on vacation, I will still be posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of next week!
Until then, and as always, nourish yo’self (with these amazing chicken and pineapple kebabs!)
Ditch the Diets E-Book
Receive my free e-book on how to ditch the diets and find food freedom!